Saturday, May 12, 2007

Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act: Wiki Edit

Today I edited the Online Poker article again. The article is pretty detailed, but I found some more information regarding the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforement Act that I added to it. The article didn't really explain what the act considered "unlawful". Therefore I added that: "According to the UIGEA, 'unlawful internet gambling' means to place, recieve, or otherwise knowingly transmit a bet or wager by means of the internet where such bet is unlawful under any law in the State in which the bet is initiated, recieved, or otherwise made." Hopefully, this will help people better understand the act. It has certainly had a negative effect on many large internet gaming sites. Check out more about online poker.

2 comments:

rcarman said...

I think it is really cool that you are editing this article. I am pretty into poker, but once this act was passed, but online play has all but ceased. Do you like poker too? I was assuming so since you decided to edit this article.

Katie S. said...

Yes Roger, I love playing poker too. I used to play online at PokerStars and PartyPoker, but I haven't played on these sites in awhile. I definatley love playing in Atlantic City too, we should goooo sometime!